Brigade Lacrosse abides by a strict Code of Conduct governing all coaches, players, officials and parents. The purpose of the Code is to ensure that all of those people associated with Brigade Lacrosse treat each other with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players, parents, coaches and officials. All members of Brigade agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code. It must be understood by all players, parents and coaches that registering in a Brigade program binds you to this Code of Conduct and that its validity is hereby a matter of record and is not dependent upon physical signature.
All enforcement decisions made by the officials of Brigade Lacrosse are final and are not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from the club for violating the Code of Conduct.
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse. If you don’t know, ask!
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches. These are all volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Do not EVER criticize other players regardless of the circumstance.
6. Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with the coach on the following day.
7. If there is a serious problem, notify either the Commissioner or a Board member of Brigade Lacrosse. Contact information for all Board Members can be found at www.brigadelax.org under the tab Brigade Home>Board Members.
8. Emphasize the FUN of the game and the team, putting forth effort at all times, not wins and losses.
1. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
3. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example.
5. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
6. Display good sportsmanship at all times, both on and off the field.
7. Don't be afraid to make a mistake; that’s part of learning.
8. Learn from your coaches; practice hard; play smart; Have Fun!
9. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. A coach is a role model, who must act with the highest moral character possible.
2. Coaches must reinforce the self-image of each player. A coach must be positive and constructive.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials.
4. Teach the rules of lacrosse. Abide by those rules in practices and games.
5. Establish objectives for the team and players and inform them of team and individual goals.
6. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices.
7. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. Any conduct, including abusive language and/ or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or Brigade Lacrosse is deemed to be unacceptable and will not be tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, siblings and guests at all times when in or around games or practices.
2. During a tournament or game when you are away, you represent Brigade Lacrosse. Any behavior that violates this Code of Conduct will not be tolerated.
3. The Brigade Lacrosse Board will deal with unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings, suspension or expulsion, as it deems appropriate. ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT INCLUDE A REFUND.
The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How we collect information about you:
The Brigade Lacrosse web system collects personal information on behalf the league when you register online. When you register we will ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, and other information specific to your activity. When you register with Brigade Lacrosse and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
How we use the personal information we collect:
To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. You are given the option to stop these emails at any time.
How we protect and store personal information:
Access to personal information about you is limited to those volunteers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information. Through our web provider, League Athletics, we have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
How you can access or change your personal information:
You can edit your Brigade Lacrosse Account Information at any time by signing in and clicking the ‘Edit My Account’ link in the left side menu of the homepage located at www.mbyl.org