As promised, here is a copy of the administrative items from my welcome email. I will keep them posted for the next few weeks.
Punctuality and Attendance:
I am a strong advocate for instilling personal accountability, whether it be at home or on the field. I will be going over this with the team, but I also want you to be aware. I am always open to communication from you, and I encourage it, but I want the girls to feel comfortable with approaching me or the other coaches as well. Your support and reinforcement will help greatly.
The following are some important items I will be going over with the team:
- I expect everyone to arrive on time and ready to learn and most importantly, have fun.
- Be at each practice at least 10 minutes prior to start time.
- For games, pleas arrive at least 45 minutes prior to start, so we have ample opportunity for a team meeting and warm-up.
- Talking on the field is left to the coaches or team discussions.
- Small talk or catching up on the latest and greatest is left for before practice or water breaks.
- When we practice at our best will we play at our best.
- Always feel free to approach me or the other coaches with any questions or concerns.
- We are here to help and to listen.
- Absences from practices and games can cause a significant negative impact on the team. My expectation is for all girls to make every practice and game (barring injury or illness); however, I do understand that they may have other sports/activities that will come into conflict. In those situations, I ask you to try your best to communicate as much ahead of time as you can, so the other coaches and I can plan appropriately.
I highly recommend downloading the SI Play app from your phone’s app store. The app provides an excellent means for keeping up to date on practice/game schedules, as well as indicating your daughter’s availability.
Our first practice will be held tomorrow, Sunday (2/9/2020), from 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, at Gainesville Middle School. Scheduling practices early in the season is always difficult and tend to change from week to week. Your understanding and flexibility are greatly appreciated. Beginning in March, the normal practice schedule will be held twice a week. I am also looking into holding an additional practice during March, at the Battlefield Sportsplex. This will be at an additional cost, so it will be optional for those that are interested. More to follow as things progress.
Please make sure your daughter is always prepared with the following items:
- Women’s Lacrosse Stick
- 2 Mouth guards (primary and backup)
- Eye Protection/goggles
- Water bottle
Note: A lot of emphasis will be placed on conditioning and stamina this year, so I cannot emphasize enough on the importance of providing plenty of water for hydration.
My contact information is provided below. Please note that email is the best method of contact for me, as I do not routinely have access to my cell phone during the workday. I will do my very best to get back with you as soon as possible.
Home: (703) 349-1711
Cell: (703) 297-9754 (call or text)